"You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...

I did it! I woke up this morning, a little later than I had wanted to, but o well. I got myself around and went for my first walk/run. Day one of my 3 weeks to 30 minute running program. It was cold, I was tired, I had every reason not to go but I went. It was fantastic! I'm not going to lie - my lungs burned, my nose was running, and my hips hurt but I felt so liberated. The sun was shining and the sky was blue and I was out there running. I ran/walked 2.6 miles in a little over 35 minutes. I wasn't running for speed, needless to say. I was also very conscious of everything I ate today. I want to change. I want to be the me I feel like, rather than the me I look like. Now, the real challenge is doing it all again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment